Systems We Use
Here's a non-exhaustive list of software and systems that we use that most people at the company will interact with at some point.
- Octofront is an internally-developed system. It is the brains of our commercial systems. It manages orders, licenses, refunds, and cloud subscriptions. It charts feature usage and adoption, marketing metrics, and customer journeys with us. It's short for "Octopus Storefront".
- Slack is used for real-time chat and team co-ordination.
- Zoom is used for video calls
- Google G-Suite is used for email, calendars, and everything else. We use Google Drive to store all of our documents. If you prefer using Word and Excel, we also have Office 365 on request.
- Confluence is used for internal documentation as a wiki, though we're moving away from it.
- Pipedrive is used by the sales team and sometimes customer success.
- Zendesk and Discourse are our support systems.
- Intercom provides real-time chat with customers on our website.
- Small Improvements manages our feedback cycles.
- Goodtime is used for scheduling meetings with us.
There's a lot more, probably over a hundred things in total. For example, the designers use Creative Cloud as well as tools like Sketch. Software developers have MSDN subscriptions and Jetbrains Toolbox licenses. Some people use Balsamiq for UI mockups, or Whimsical for diagrams. Your manager will set you up with what you need, and if you're curious about anything, just ask.